In a (hell)ationship – you hate Valentine’s and everything it stands for, but have to go along with it because your better half says so.
In a relationship – The pair of you are perfectly happy and don’t feel the need to dedicate a day to loving each other.
Single – and ready to mingle (oi oi)
You’re bound to have some sort of feelings towards Valentine’s day. It’s not for everyone, and we at Gef understand that.
So, we’ve put together a list of 14 anti-V-day activities you can get up to today…
- Go to the Saddle – Possibly the most anti V-day establishment the Isle has to offer. No ‘love’ themed bevvies here, just a good ol’ pint of bitter. (Not that you’re bitter…obv)
- Send someone along to M&S to pick you up a Valentine’s ‘Dine in for Two’ Meal Deal (so you can avoid the roses, and the lunchtime queues – winner). Treat yo’self and eat it all to yourself tonight. Or share it with a friend if you’re feeling generous? (…but not the wine of course)
- Get off the planet for a bit by heading to the Dome, for an immersive planetarium experience #GeekOut
- Head to the Erin’s Art Centre to watch ‘A Street Cat named Bob’
- Take your other half for a meal in a bar, conveniently find the Champions League being shown in the same place…(thank us later)
- Stuff your face with ‘leftover’ pancakes (AKA make more pancakes [because what are leftovers?!] and enjoy round 2 of the best day of the year)
- Order pizza and ask them to write you a poem on the box. Don’t forget to Instagram it though so it looks like you’re loved! #Blessed
- Get your Mum/Gran/Auntie to send you a Valentine. They’ll love you whatever. #EndlessLove
- Unfriend everyone in a relationship on Facebook, because you can’t be arsed with the endless pics of homemade 3 coursers and the overpriced bouquets of flowers #LuckyGirl
- Celebrate Galentine’s Day! A celebration of one’s gal-friends (which usually takes place on V-Day eve, but who needs an excuse for a girl’s night in?) Sisters are doing it fo’ themselves and alla’ dat.
- Watch True Romance at the Bath & Bottle Speakeasy Cinema, cry into a delicious Proposal.
- Hide under the duvet with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s and wait for the inevitable half price battery & chocolate day tomorrow.
- Reassure your other half that “We’ll celebrate it on the weekend” … don’t celebrate.
- Just go to work as normal and because it’s WEDNESDAY and everyone knows the only day worth getting excited about in February was yesterday, PANCAKE DAY.
- Focus on the fact there’s only ONE HUNDRED DAYS until TT 2018 where our little Island well and truly comes ALIVE…we can smell the burning rubber already!